Welcome to the Gwella HEIW Leadership Portal for Wales.
This space is designed to enable collaborative working and peer-to-peer development across health and social care in Wales.
The goals of this platform are to embed compassionate leadership into the DNA of our workforce to better support the care of patients and individuals across our communities. The networks and programmes hosted on Gwella provide a space for individuals across our workforce to connect with like-minded people and to jointly develop our ways of working toward this goal. It is key to the development of our workforce to encourage leaders of all levels to partake actively in the culture change toward compassionate leadership styles and to be involved in the communities hosted on the Gwella platform.
To meet these goals, it is important that all of our members feel safe, supported and included across all of our networks and programmes. To help everyone to have the best experience, please take a look at our community guidelines:
- Introductions – Ensure that you introduce yourself when participating in a network for the first time. It is helpful for other members to understand who you are to gain an understanding of context that may be valuable information supporting your contributions.
- Respect – Treat all other members of the group with respect and dignity, in the same manner as you would face-to-face.
- Politeness – All of our members are here to develop and may be at different stages of their journey to yourself. It is important to maintain politeness in all communications, even when we might disagree.
- Privacy – Respect the privacy of all the members of the network. Members may not feel comfortable with details of their discussions and contributions being taken outside of the group. Please communicate clearly and ask for permission before using any information outside of the group.
- Relevancy – All content posted to a network must be relevant to the purpose of the network or to the membership of the network.
- Promotional Content – Seek permission from a network manager before posting promotional content within a network.
- Offensive Content – Do not post content of an explicit, rude, or aggressive nature. Such content will be removed by network managers or Gwella admin. Repeated offences may result in your account being terminated without warning.
Support and Resolution
There are a number of mechanisms to seek support if you notice a violation of these community guidelines.
- Network Managers – Speak to network managers if you require support, they will be best placed to respond more immediately to the concern and resolve it as peacefully as possible.
- Gwella Support Team – The Gwella Support Team are able to be contacted if you cannot find a satisfactory resolution with network managers.
- Local Workforce Colleagues – If the situation is severe, speak to your local workforce teams for guidance and advice. The Gwella Support Team should be informed if any formal policies need to be followed so that they can provide additional support where possible.
In the event of a person violating these guidelines, we will take action to protect the other members of the network. This will include the following:
- Initial Warning – An initial warning will be given upon violating the guidelines. A clear description of the specific action that violated the guidelines will be given.
- Final warning – A formal written warning will be sent to the individual via email outlining the actions that have violated these guidelines. A further violation will result in account termination. A copy of the email will be kept by the Gwella admin team.
- Account Termination – The account of the individual will be terminated and an email sent to them to inform them that this action has been taken. The individual will not be permitted to open an account on the system again, pending further discussion with the Gwella Admin team and appropriate representation from affected organisations. If necessary, escalation to appropriate Workforce colleagues may be undertaken depending on the circumstances of the violation.