Our Framework for Action 2022 - 2023
The below Framework for Action outlines a range of activities that are currently in delivery to support the mobilisation of our Compassionate Leadership Principles for Health and Social Care in Wales.
Lead the implementation of the Health & Care Leadership Strategy through the NHS Wales Compassionate and Collective Leadership framework for action
- Creation of Compassionate Leadership Assessment Measures for Self and Team (against Compassionate Leadership Principles).
- Establishment of HEIW Wales Hub with the Institute of Health and Social Care Management.
- Launch of NHS Wales Staff Survey and review of results to measure impact of Compassionate Leadership Strategy.
- Full evaluation of Collective and Compassionate Leadership Development Interventions.
Lead the development of sustainable pipelines of senior leaders and executive talent in line with the NHS Wales Succession Planning Strategy
- Deliver a Talent Management Programme for NHS Wales Talent Leads.
- Evaluate first Cohort of Aspiring Executive Development Programme ‘Leading with Compassion’ and launch Cohort 2.
- Launch Talent Management Capabilities in Gwella including self/360 assessments national talent dashboards that capture EDI data.
- Undertake robust evaluation of development centre and offerings.
Lead the adaptation, development and implementation of leadership programmes and resources for clinical leaders from a range of professional backgrounds.
- Launch the Advanced Clinical Leadership Programme.
- Commence the Medical Directors Leadership Programme.
- Continue to market and recruit to the Welsh Clinical Leadership Training Fellows for Medical, Dental and non-medical staff.
- Support and map Primary Care Leadership Development.
Robustly evaluate the re-established NHS Wales Graduate Programme and develop a financially viable operating model that ensures a continuous pipeline of future leadership talent.
- Review and Evaluate the NHS Wales General Management Graduate Programme and work with leads to establish a financially viable operating model moving forward.
- Marketing and recruitment to 23-25 NHS Wales General Management Graduate Programme.
- Deliver the HEIW Summer Internship programme.
- Deliver the HEIW year-long Internship programme.
Lead the Development of the W&OD Profession creating sustainable career pathways and pipelines of Workforce & OD professionals.
- Develop the vision for the WOD profession.
- Undertake mapping of all WOD roles within NHS Wales (including at risk roles) and develop a range of competency pathways and Success Profiles.
- Launch a Developing the WOD profession landing page on Gwella with opportunities burau and coaching and mentoring exchange.
- Ready now and high potential dashboards developed.