What does this mean for us?
A Healthier Wales recognises that the quality of services is directly linked to culture. Successfully developing culture relies on mass participation in clearly defining what it should be. The wider the democratisation, the higher the subsequent ownership. The behaviours expected from all parties can then be codified and use to reinforce through support and challenge mechanisms.
When we are at our best in work (particularly within relationships), our patient outcomes get better; and vice versa.
This is A Healthier Wales in action.
Good work and workplaces are where we are:
- Listened to and we pay attention to others
- Clear about what we need to do
- Trusted to make decisions
- Feel valued and value others
- Able to take part in reflection, make decisions and take actions
When people give you feedback, look for grains of truth before you dismiss the whole conversation.
- Mellody Hobson