What's on offer?
HEIW is delighted to welcome applications for Welsh clinical leadership fellows next year.
This exciting, unique one-year opportunity has been successfully running since 2013. The culture of leadership is changing in the modern NHS, with more emphasis on leadership and management training in undergraduate/postgraduate studies. The future of healthcare depends on credible clinical leaders. If you want to find out more, keep reading…
What is it? What will I be doing?
Your year will be packed full of opportunities, but here are some of the highlights:
- Practical experience being part of a team in Wales e.g. Public Health Wales, Digital Health and Care Wales, HEIW and various Health Boards
- Chance to develop your leadership behaviours and interpersonal skills
- Build fantastic networks and meet influential senior clinical leaders in Welsh Government and other organisations
- Gain Knowledge of the wider picture of the NHS and attend relevant national/internaional conferences
- Leading on a healthcare project within your organisation.
- Academic Programme - your practical experience will be complemented by an educational programme
- Involvement with Faculty of Medical Leadership and Management - establish links with like-minded trainees across the UK
Return to Programme overview