There are several phases to the application process which includes an application form, online tests, presentation, interview and group exercise. When we are evaluating you for the role, alongside the criteria in the Person Specification, we will use a Success Profile, assessing you against a range of behaviours (the actions and activities that people do which result in effective performance in a job) and also a selection of strengths (the things we find energising and that motivate us).
There are seven key areas we will assess:
- Learning and self-awareness
- Drive and resilience
- Championing innovation and sustainability
- Building collaboration and partnership
- Influencing and personal impact
- Collective and compassionate leadership
- Strategic orientation
STAGE 1: Application (online)
- Complete the application form available on the ‘Apply' page
- Complete a Smart Application (part 2) to answer a number of questions aligned to the values, strengths and competencies anticipated of our Management Graduates.
Your application will not be considered, if you do not complete both parts of this stage
STAGE 2: Job Focussed Assessments and Ability Assessment (online)
These Assessments offer a quick, interactive method to predict workplace performance using engaging, activity-based assessment design that can be deployed on any device, including mobile.
- Numerical Reasoning: The ability to make correct decisions or inferences from numerical or statistical data and to work with numerical data in a realistic workplace context
- Inductive Reasoning: The ability for critical thinking and problem solving; identify patterns in data and generate innovative, multiple possible solutions
- Deductive Reasoning (Verbal): The ability to draw logical conclusions based on information provided, identify strengths and weaknesses of arguments, and complete scenarios using incomplete information
STAGE 3: Assessment Centre (in person)
This stage will take place in person, where candidates will undertake a group exercise and presentation. As part of the group exercise, working in small groups, you will be given a number of work-based scenarios. This could include discussion as a group, presenting to the assessors and writing a reflection about your assessment experience.
STAGE 4: Interview (online)
The final stage of the process will take place via Teams. At interview, you will be asked a number of questions by an interview panel, consisting of professionals representing the host organisations.
STAGE 5: Decision Panel and Offers
All organisations hosting a trainee will be present throughout the assessment stages to support the selection of successful candidates appointed to the Programme.
We understand that each individual is different and that you may require specific reasonable adjustments to be tailored to your needs. Please see advice about informing us about reasonable adjustments you may have - Accessibility Statement.